Leading a team of accountants and finance staff, and reporting to the Site Manager and functionally to Division Operation Controller, the position holder has the responsibilities to:
- Partner with the Site Manager and be in charge of all financial, statutory, custom , tax and regulatory matters with regards to operating in PRC and with regards to financial management, planning, controlling and reporting to higher management
- Manage Standard Cost Reports and Variance analysis. Overall in charge of standard costing and financial performance review.
- Direct and coordinate the implementation of budget processes by working closely with top management and functional managers.
- Lead the preparation of forecast, develop and up-date a rolling forecast model.
- Analyse operating results and work closely with operations for opportunities to improve productivity, profitability and business performance
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly internal closing. Develop, document, and maintain accounting guidelines and accounting related work procedures for the company
- Direct and govern all daily accounting processes and ensure that proper books of accounts are maintained and comply with IFRS standard.
- Manage day to day GL, AP/AR, FA and treasury function (cash management, bank relations, financing, risk management)
- Supervise credit control process. Improve asset management, identify and avoid credit risk for the company. Control the authorization process of payable accounts and cash transactions. Review the appropriateness of internal controls and risk management
- Work with Legal closely on company secretarial matters and all statutory returns. Carry out the company insurance and finance related legal issues.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with external/internal auditors, bankers and lawyers. Liaise with tax authorities for tax optimization
- Ensure compliance with local regulations, accounting systems/policies/procedures of the manufacturing, and corporate policies/procedures.
- Be the guardian to ensure and to strengthen internal control
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- Min. bachelor degree in Finance/Accountancy from recognized university. Professional and recognized accounting qualifications e.g. ACCA or its equivalent
- 12-15 years of progressive experience in accounting and financial management in manufacturing environment of which 5 years were with managerial responsibility in MNC. Preferably from telecommunications, electronics related industries involving high volume manufacturing activities
- Must have experience in Financial Accounting and Costing and Control with familiarity with accounting regulations, PRC GAAP, IFRS, and legal processes
- Strong business acumen and deep understanding of manufacturing operations
- Risk awareness and ability to structure and analyze great and complex amount of data
- MS Office proficient. Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Familarity with Chinese culture